- President of the Sydney Linux Users Group (SLUG), 2008-present (Committee member from 2007)
- Ordinary Committee Member on the Linux Australia Council
- an Administrator of the Ubuntu English (United Kingdom) Translators team
- Founder and principal documentation writer of the Ubuntu English Translation initiative
- I have written and continue to maintain Linux Australia’s Introduction to Linux, Free Software and Open Source
- I run events for Linux Australia and the Sydney Linux Users Group, including monthly meetings and stands at shows such as CeBIT and the Sydney Education Expo.
- I was (2000-2006) a Senior Administrator and Editor at PCLinuxOnline, which at the time was the largest community Web site dedicated to Mandrake/Mandriva Linux (and later, PCLinuxOS)
This week is dedicated to linux.conf.au
- 16 Jan — fly into Wellington from Sydney
- 16-24 Jan — linux.conf.au; staying at uStay
This is a general holiday. I don't have any plans set in stone yet, and am looking for ideas on what to do and people to share it with. If you're interested, contact me at: sridhar at dhanapalan dot com.
My plan so far is:
- 24 Jan, 12:00-16:18 — take the Bluebridge ferry from Wellington to Picton (South Island)
- 31 Jan — fly back to Sydney (not booked yet; not sure from which airport)
Ideas I've had so far: