Tutorials/Puppet for Configuration Management
Puppet for Configuration Management
You will need to bring:
- A laptop with wireless, running
- a Linux/OSX/BSD virtual machine, with
- an installation of a recent 1.8.5+ version of Ruby
- Debian: Puppet 0.25.1 from testing/unstable
- Ubuntu: Karmic/Lucid have Puppet 0.24.8 which is OK. Otherwise, use the Debian unstable packages.
- Fedora 11/12: Puppet 0.24.8 is in the base repository.
NOTE: Puppet is a configuration management tool - some of the steps in the tutorial will change files, packages and configuration on your virtual machine. Do not bring a production VM (or a laptop if you don't use a VM) upon which you are uncomfortable making changes.*