- President of the Sydney Linux Users Group (SLUG), 2008-present (Committee member from 2007)
- Ordinary Committee Member on the Linux Australia Council
- an Administrator of the Ubuntu English (United Kingdom) Translators team
- Founder and principal documentation writer of the Ubuntu English Translation initiative
- I have written and continue to maintain Linux Australia’s Introduction to Linux, Free Software and Open Source
- I run events for Linux Australia and the Sydney Linux Users Group, including monthly meetings and stands at shows such as CeBIT and the Sydney Education Expo.
- I was (2000-2006) a Senior Administrator and Editor at PCLinuxOnline, which at the time was the largest community Web site dedicated to Mandrake/Mandriva Linux (and later, PCLinuxOS)