I'm interested in getting together with people working with/in schools and having a conversation about where to next in terms of FOSS adoption.
I do IT support for organisations in Otago mainly, incuding some schools. Warrington school is a small primary school who use only FOSS. I didn't get to most of the edu miniconf, but I heard a bit of the Abany presentation. I've also heard informally a bit about what happened at Hagley.
I am interested in having an informal BOF (since all the official slots are taken to my knowedge?) What should our strategy be in terms of expanding adoption to other schools? Clearly we have the early adopters, where to next?
We're going to meet lunchtime thursday in the town hall (Alex's suggestion, if this doesn't suit note here with an alternative suggestion)
Please feel free to add your own notes and experiences, questions etc.
People who are interested
- Alex King
- (add your name here)
plus 4 or 5 who have contacted me (Alex) privately
expectations / desired outcomes
- find out what is happening/ what FOSS use currently in other schools
- share/learn strategies to evangeise/encourage adoption of FOSS in schools we work in
- strategise - what schools could be in the next wave of adoption?
- strategise - what are the "killer apps" to sell FOSS to schools?
- what else is happening in this space? (NZOSS education section, wikieducator .....)
- (add your desired outcomes of our session here)