Rusty is in a splint for 6 weeks, due to an operation to repair the detached meniscus in his left knee.
How Did You Do This?
About two months ago, Rusty lunged while warming up for a squash game.
When Did You Have The Operation?
Monday Jan 11th.
Why Did You Plan This Just before LCA?
There was a 95% chance it was only partially torn (and MRI seemed to confirm that), so it would be a simple cleanup and Rusty would walk out. In the 5% case, he'd end up in a splint for 6 weeks while the repair healed. In 6 weeks he's due to take 4 weeks holiday in Europe, so wanted to be prepared for the worst case.
Other Fun Rusty Knee Facts
- He is supposed to rest.
- He has moved back in with my parents.
- His stuff has been moved to storage.
- He can't fit in an economy seat so had to upgrade LCA trip to business class.
- If the repair fails (30% chance), the meniscus will be removed.
I Don't Believe You!
OK, pick one:
- It was an old chess injury.
- He was climbing up the rack to replace a drive, when...
- Too much FOSS Fun With A Wiimote
- It was inflicted when he was the 1000th person to ask someone about their knee injury.