Linnahgmailcom (Talk | contribs)
(New page: = Orphaned SIMs = A few delegates bought mobile SIM cards as it was cheaper than roaming with their phones. Someone wanted to know how to avoid the SIMs ending up in the landfill. == Po...)
Next diff →
Revision as of 21:09, 22 January 2010
A few delegates bought mobile SIM cards as it was cheaper than roaming with their phones. Someone wanted to know how to avoid the SIMs ending up in the landfill.
Possible solution - Donate SIM to Charity
There are charities in NZ that have asked for mobile phone donations. When asked, they said they would accept SIM donations.
Address: shine*, P O Box 90279, Victoria Street West, Auckland 1142, New Zealand.
About shine*'s request for donation.
shine*, New Zealand’s largest domestic violence agency, is appealing for working mobile phones to give to high risk women who have no access to a landline or a mobile phone of their own. A new SIM card is provided to access either the shine* helpline or emergency services.
If you decide to donate your NZ SIM to shine*, please ensure there is at least $2 balance on it.
How to submit:
- Send to shine*, P O Box 90279, Victoria Street West, Auckland 1142, New Zealand.
- Pass it to Lin Nah, who will deliver it to shine* in Auckland.
- I'll be around at Open Day
- If you see this before 9am 23 Jan (and are staying at ustay), slip it under the door of room 501.
- I'll leave ustay at around 3pm. I'll try to ask the reception if they will accept "notes for me. Either they will or they won't. Will update this later today.