Lin's Places to Eat
Linnahgmailcom (Talk | contribs)
(New page: =IMPORTANT NOTE= These are draft pages. Some of the date is old. Ignore the formatting Will update and add to lca2010 wiki WHEN I have checked the info. Drafting them here so update will b...)
Next diff →
Revision as of 03:21, 12 January 2010
These are draft pages. Some of the date is old. Ignore the formatting Will update and add to lca2010 wiki WHEN I have checked the info. Drafting them here so update will be quick once checked when in WLG.
- Eftpos - but watch out for forex transaction fees
- CC - Most places that accept Visa or Mastercard CC. Not all places that accept CC accept AMEX or Diners.
- venues all non smoking indoors.
Todo: Prices? check hours, still there? open?
Cafe and Light meals
List of places close to LCA2010 venue. Suitable for lunch or quick meal breaks. Most of these places should have a selection for vegetarians. Notations: Licenced = Fully licenced BYO Kids: Child friendly aka ok for kids to dine there Vegetarian: Has vegetarian options Wifi: Has wifi available (free or paid service)
Close to the convention centre
You have the option of dining in OR buy takeaway to eat outdoors (on nice sunny day) in Civic Square. Civic Square has Wifi coverage.
On the same side as the convention centre, as you walk towards Victoria/Willis St, you'll find:
- Nui Espresso. 101 Wakefield Street. +64 4 801 4188 email
- Clark's City Library Cafe. 65 Victoria St. +64 4 801 4014 gmail xtra-email
Accessible via Civic Square Nui Espresso and Clark's Cafe are accessible via Civic Square
- Nikau Gallery Cafe. 101 Wakefield Street. +64 4 801 4168 email
Across the road As you come out of the Wellington Convention Centre there's a traffic light pedestrian crossing. Cross the road and start walking towards Victoria/Willis St.
- Felix Cafe. 128 Wakefield St. +64 4 499 5523. email
- Finc Dining Room & Espresso Bar. 122 Wakefield Street. +64 4 4992999.email
- Location: Google Maps
- Hours: Mon 7:30am - 4:00pm; Tue - Wed: 7.30am - 9pm; Tue - Fri: 7.30am - 10pm; Sat 9am to 10pm; Sun 9am to 4.30pm
- Menus: Wotzon Menu | menus.co.nz page with links to pdf menus;
- Licenced | Kids | Vegetarian | Wifi
- Reviews: Dineout | Sarah Bennett's review 11Mar09
- Monday Muffin Madness [Coffee/Tea+Muffin for $5; Live Music on Thursdays 6:30pm - 8:30pm; High Tea every other Sunday 3pm - 4:30pm. $+menu
- The Lido Cafe. 85 Victoria Street. +64 4 499 6666 email
- Finc +64 4 [mailto: email]
- Location: Google Maps]
- Licenced | Kids | Vegetarian | Cafenet | Wifi
- Reviews: Dineout]
Lists & sites
- Wellington Cafes with Cafenet
- Sarah Bennett's Food Reviews. Sarah Bennet is Best of Wellington's Editor & Publisher and co-author of Lonely Planet NZ guide.
- Dineout - Reviews by ordinary punters.
- Wikitravel's Wellington Eat & Drink section
- Frommers Wellington Restaurants
- Lonely Planet's NZ Guide - Wellington Restaurants
- NY Times Wellington Restaurant Listings
- Vegetarian listings
- Finc: 2 for 1 House red/white wine on Fridays 4pm - 6:30pm
- Shooters: Happy hour Wed?
- Beer Beer Necessities Survey 2009 Capital Times 9Dec09
- Jason's guide to Wlg nightlife. Clubs, live music, pubs, cinema