BOF for people interested in CRIs, CSIRO, Universties or similar research establishments
This will just be an informal discussion for issues that affect these sorts of establishments especially with relationship to FLOSS and Linux.
Please bring along any ideas for discussion.
Round the room introductions from:
- Zane Gilmore (Plant & Food Research) nz food composition database , gov
- John Giovannis (CSIRO) advanced computing CFD simulations etc
- Christopher Edsall (NIWA) HPC
- Ben (Avondale college) Newcastle
- Sara Falamaki (CSIRO) software for large networks about to change lab
- Pete (Monash Melboune) UCSD programming
- Claudine (Uni Melb) - database of convicts in tasmania social science, db drupal
- Matt (CSIRO) - earth science + resource eng. - electronics
- Vince (CSIRO) - Aust telescope national facility
- Daniel (CSIRO) - advanced computing
- Matthew Lye (Griffon Uni) SOE, deployments
Anyone missed out? Name, affiliation or interests wrong? It's a wiki - fix it!
- KAREN ( weathermap ) / AARNET/ other RENs
- Standard operating environments
- CSIRO sites
- Synergy - software virtual KVM
- Square Kilometer Array
- top500 / green 500
- Elephants (LFNs) and bandwidth delay product