7 days to go to linux.conf.au 2010!
Submitted on 2010-01-11 00:03
WELLINGTON, New Zealand – Monday 11 January 2010 – 7 days to go to linux.conf.au 2010!
We are anticipating great things to happen at linux.conf.au 2010! With four fantastic keynote presenters: Gabriella Coleman, Benjamin Mako Hill, Glyn Moody, Nathan Torkington, and a terrific line up of speakers:
- Patent defence for free software: Andrew Tridgell
- Flying Rockets with Free Hardware and Free Software: Bdale Garbee and Keith Packard
- Making yourself popular: a guide to social success in (and for) the Linux community: Matthew Garrett
- PostgreSQL Development Today: Josh Berkus
- Discarding data for fun and profit: Matthew Wilcox
- Making production-ready filesystems: A case study using ext4: Theodore Tso
The Miniconf Schedules have all been announced! There are miniconfs in Arduino to open Government, from Wave to Business, attracting some high profile speakers:
- Carl Worth: Cairo Graphics: Intro and Future
- Angela Byron: Getting Your Feet Wet
- Scott James Remnant: Cutting down boot times
- Rusty Russell: Talloc: Pick Up Your Own Garbage!
- Laurence Millar, (former CIO for New Zealand) - How can Govt procurement better support Open?
- Stephen Schmid of OCIO - Aus/ Open Source Sand Pit
- Andrew Stott, Director of Digital Engagement, United Kingdom
- Paul Gunn: Weta Digital - Challenges in Data Centre Growth
There's something for everyone: Dinner events, social networking, a partners' programme, keysigning, hackfests, and morning yoga.
The open source conference, being held for the first time in Wellington, only the second time in New Zealand, attracts delegates from all around the world: From Andrew Stott, Director of Digital Engagement, United Kingdom, to Opetaia Simati, Tuvalu to Labour MPs, Hon. Trevor Mallard and Clare Curran.
To promote awareness of Open Source, linux.conf.au 2010 is holding a technical expo, the linux.conf.au 2010 Open Day:
|Time:||11:00 am - 2:00 pm|
|Date:||Saturday 23 January 2010|
|Where:||Wellington Town Hall|
To register for linux.conf.au 2010, please see: http://www.lca2010.org.nz/register.
linux.conf.au is one of the world's best conferences for free and open source software! The coming linux.conf.au, LCA2010, will be held at the Wellington Convention Centre in Wellington, New Zealand from Monday 18th January to Saturday 23rd January 2010. LCA2010 is fun, informal and seriously technical, bringing together Free and Open Source developers, users and community champions from around the world. LCA2010 is the second time linux.conf.au has been held in New Zealand, with the first being Dunedin in 2006.
For more information see: http://www.lca2010.org.nz/
About Linux Australia
Linux Australia is the peak body for Linux User Groups (LUGs) around Australia, and as such represents approximately 5000 Australian Linux users and developers. Linux Australia facilitates the organisation of this international Free Software conference in a different Australasian city each year.
For more information see: http://www.linux.org.au/
Emperor Penguin Sponsors
LCA2010 is proud to acknowledge the support of our Emperor Penguin Sponsors, InternetNZ, Google, HP and IBM.
For more information about InternetNZ, see: http://www.internetnz.org.nz/
For more information about Google, see: http://www.google.com/
For more information about HP, see: http://www.hp.com/
For more information about IBM, see: http://www.ibm.com/